Monday, July 22, 2013

Recommended Picture Book: Be Positive! by Cheri J. Meiners


Title: Be Positive
Author: Cheri J Meiners

Illustrator: Elizabeth Allen
Publisher: Free Spirit Publishing, Sept 1, 2013 (not published yet)

Age: 4-8

Topic: Optimism, Being Positive

Opening: I love waking up!

Book Summary: This friendly, encouraging book introduces preschool and primary-age children to ways of thinking and acting that will help them feel good about themselves and their lives, stay on course when things don’t go their way, and contribute to other people’s happiness, too.
Resources: The author includes a few pages of games, activities and discussion topics that are great for classroom and home use.
More positive attitude activities and a comprehensive lesson plan with activities (mostly for school age children but many of the activities can be made suitable for younger children.)

Why I Like This Book:
LOL! I loved the opening for the book :) I'm not a morning person but once I'm up, I usually enjoy the peace and quiet of it and look forward to a productive day. Be Positive is a thoughtful book that offers a guiding approach to positivity. Be Positive shows children the importance of being positive while still valuing their feelings and emotions. A wonderful book to share with children during circle time as it allows for great discussions opportunities. As a teacher, I particularly like the resourceful information page at the back of the book and I think parents will too.


*Reviewed from a digital galley provided by NetGalley and Free Spirit Publishing.

No comments: