Thursday, January 22, 2015

Meet the Author! Mac McGooshie!

Meet children's author Mac McGooshie.

Mac McGooshie is the author of the new Lulubug's Week in the Life series. Mac's background is in legal, restaurants and all things written. She has lived in many places in her life, but considers her transplanted self at home among the red dirt farms of Southern Virginia and North Carolina's Piedmont.

Today, Mac McGooshie while share her Fab Five with us.


Who is your favorite author?

My favorite book is the Quran, and its author is my favorite. :)  But let's see... I like scary books, so I'm partial to Stephen King ... For kids books, I adore Sammy Keyes-- she's so savvy and cool, so I would have to say Wendlin Van Draanen.


What is your favorite childhood book?

I read so many books as a kid, it's difficult to pick one!  I loved the classics--Nancy Drew, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Louisa May Alcott.  Once I was old enough to enjoy scifi, I turned on to the Stainless Steel Rat. Loved any kind of parody from a very young age. :)


Where is your favorite place to write?

My favorite place is my porch, with coffee!


What is your favorite food?

My favorite foods: steak, ice cream, popcorn, and not necessarily in that order...

What is the funniest thing you have ever done?


Oh my goodness. I wasn't always a Muslim... I can't talk about that. But rest assured, it was funny. ;)

No comments: